- To enhance the effectiveness of your sunless spray tanning session condition and exfoliate your skin:
EXFOLIATE A FEW TIMES BEFORE EACH TAN SESSION TO REMOVE DRY, FLAKY SKIN. (THIS SHOULD BE DONE DAILY FOR TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE DAY OF TANNING).
- Remove dead, dry skin cells evenly from all the areas of the body paying close attention to hands, feet, elbows and neck. Scrub evenly. Dead skin will prevent the absorption of DHA Bronzers into the fresh healthy skin cells below. This allows for the Glisten sunless airbrush spray tan to absorb deeply into the skin and oxidize to a brilliant golden brown color. Spraying sunless products on DRY FLAKY SKIN causes the tan to look less natural, uneven when fading and will shorten the life of your sunless tan.
- Note: AVOID USING BAR SOAPS, high pH in bar soaps, shower products or in-shower moisturizers can halt the DHA bronzing reaction or cause the “orange streaky effect”. Ever have a tan that looks great and then on day 2-3 the color starts to change and appear like its streaking? BLAME YOUR BAR SOAP! OR BODY PRODUCTS WITH EXCESSIVE ALCOHOLS AND CHEMICAL PRESERVATIVES.
- STOP! DO NOT APPLY LOTION. Do not apply lotions, moisturizers or perfumes, prior to your session. Use deodorant sparingly. It’s best not to apply make-up, but if you do, please remove before your session. Eye make-up is fine during the session.
- WEAR LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING and remove jewelry. Tight clothes can rub off or smear the sunless bronzers. YES THIS MEANS SKINNY JEANS,JEGGINGS, YOGA PANTS and LEGGINGS!!
FOR AN EXTRA LONG TAN:
Don’t forget the PRE-SPRAY! Glistens Pre-tanning Spray with DHA enhancers will be applied by the consultant before your tanning session. This product provides your skin with light hydration, pH balancers, as well as New DHA enhancer technology to insure a darker, more natural looking color. **This is a Glisten Client favorite AND an ORIGINAL product of GLISTEN! You will not find this product in any other salon in the midwest!!**
- AVOID SWEATING: Immediately after your sunless airbrush tanning session. Avoid activities that may cause you to sweat excessively to avoid streaking the cosmetic bronzer in the sunless tanning solution. Use the air conditioning in your car on a hot day. Remember, you have just been tinted with a water soluble solution.
- AVOID WATER: You must avoid water entirely for at least 2-3 hours or you will stop the sunless tanning action of the DHA and/or cause streaking. After 2-3 hours any mishaps with your airbrush spray tan should correct during your first shower. IF not please call the salon immediately for a touch up.
- AVOID SWIMMING & SPAS: Avoid chemically treated swimming pools and spas for at least 24 hours after your spray tan session to prevent color from fading. Pools and Jacuzzis are safe for your sunless tan IF you practice a good regimen of applying lotions 2-3 times daily.
- CLEANSING — WAIT TO SHOWER: For maximum results please wait at least 12+ hours before showering or bathing. After that time, we recommend that you AVOID bar soaps or high pH products–they will strip and fade your sunless tan rapidly!! Glisten carries Body Washes that are designed to hydrate, moisturize and nourish while maintaining the proper pH levels for your skin. Proper cleansing insures even fading and the longest lasting, most natural looking sunless tan results. After bathing, gently “pat dry” skin. If you must bathe prior to the 12 hour process period use plain water only. The instant cosmetic bronzer will wash off – as it is designed to do.
- LOTION LOTION LOTION: The day after your sunless spray session and after your first shower, use lotion! Glisten recommends using any of the products on our retail shelves. We only carry products that maintain your tan! Our products promote healthy skin that’s moisturized while adding a refreshing glow each day to your color. Our products also help the color fade gradually and evenly. For an extravagant daily moisturizing ritual, try Body Butter or Hempz Age Defying Lotion – two rich crèmes developed to eliminate severely dry skin due to environmental exposure.
BETWEEN SESSIONS: For additional color and to preserve and maintain we suggest the use of 4 Faces Touch-up Spray, this spray can be used daily on the face before make-up applications. For touch ups on the body we recommend Sunless Mousse, Sunless Sprays and Sunless Lotions! Visit the salon for more details!
Keep Your Tan Longer–The following will lighten or make an airbrush tan spotty:
- ANY AND ALL BAR SOAP WILL CAUSE DISCOLORATION AND UNEVEN FADING
- Dove brand soap, shower gel and lotion
- Curl lotion -Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion
- Anti-aging products or AHA’s -Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Toners containing Alcohols or witch Hazel
- AVOID BABY OIL
- Anti-acne products
- BandAids pulls off layers of the “Tan”
- Pore cleansing facial strips
- Depilatory products
- Shaving with a dull razor – ALWAYS USE A FRESH BLADE
- Pat dry instead of rubbing
- Bleach products for body hair -Hot tubs, chlorine, salt water
- Bug sprays – try to spray your clothes instead of you. If you must have it on you, spray a “cloud” to go through
- any products by BBW & VS.
Official tanning salon of Miss Kansas 2013 Theresa Vail! Miss America Miss Kansas Miss Kansas Teen USA betty cantrell kendall schoenekase